Def Jam Deny Split Rumor With Jermaine Dupri
Early this week, SVP Media and Artist Relation for Island Def Jam Music Group, Laura Swanson, has slammed down rumor saying that the recording company plan to call off their contract with rapper Jermaine Dupri. Laura issues a written statement, stating that the gossip is completely untrue. "There is absolutely no truth to the rumors regarding Jermaine Dupri. They are completely untrue," she wrote to SOHH.
Last week the rumor had hotly circulated in the media, saying that rapper Jermaine Dupri is terminated from the Def Jam because he didn't perform a satisfying work for some of Def Jam's artists. Jermaine has allegedly been blamed for Janet Jackson's "Discipline", which does not share the success of her previous albums. He is also said to be responsible for Mariah Carey's "E=MC²", which is reportedly having problems with a follow-up single after "Touch My Body".
Regardless the rumors that have cornered him lately, Jermaine still apparently becomes one of most-wanted producers as this week R&B singer Sammie reveals his desire to get a record from Jermaine for his third studio album which hasn't been titled yet. "We're trying to get in with Nitti and trying to get a record from JD (Jermaine Dupri) this time," he explains. "I haven't worked with Jermaine since 2001. As far as producer wise it is going to be a stacked house and I'm looking forward to the album and what their going to come up with next."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard