Def Jam Deny Split Rumor With Jermaine Dupri
Early this week, SVP Media and Artist Relation for Island Def Jam Music Group, Laura Swanson, has slammed down rumor saying that the recording company plan to call off their contract with rapper Jermaine Dupri. Laura issues a written statement, stating that the gossip is completely untrue. "There is absolutely no truth to the rumors regarding Jermaine Dupri. They are completely untrue," she wrote to SOHH.
Last week the rumor had hotly circulated in the media, saying that rapper Jermaine Dupri is terminated from the Def Jam because he didn't perform a satisfying work for some of Def Jam's artists. Jermaine has allegedly been blamed for Janet Jackson's "Discipline", which does not share the success of her previous albums. He is also said to be responsible for Mariah Carey's "E=MC²", which is reportedly having problems with a follow-up single after "Touch My Body".
Regardless the rumors that have cornered him lately, Jermaine still apparently becomes one of most-wanted producers as this week R&B singer Sammie reveals his desire to get a record from Jermaine for his third studio album which hasn't been titled yet. "We're trying to get in with Nitti and trying to get a record from JD (Jermaine Dupri) this time," he explains. "I haven't worked with Jermaine since 2001. As far as producer wise it is going to be a stacked house and I'm looking forward to the album and what their going to come up with next."
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons