Jennifer Hudson to Sing 'National Anthem' for Barack Obama
Barack Obama's representative tells People that the presidential candidate has asked Jennifer Hudson to perform on the day he officially accepts his party's nomination for president. Jennifer is reportedly scheduled to deliver American national anthem "The Star-Spangled Banner" at Democratic National Convention which will be held on Thursday, August 28.
Commenting on the news, Jennifer's publicist says that the Oscar-winning "Dreamgirls" actress is very honored and excited. "She's thrilled and excited. It's a tremendous honor," says the publicist early this week.
However, spokesperson for the convention refuses to give any comment about Jennifer's performance until the official schedule is announced. The singer also admits in a statement that she hasn't been called for a confirmation yet. "I haven't gotten a call from them yet, but he does have my support," she says during an interview.
On top of the rumor, Jennifer is planned to drop her self-titled debut album on September 30 under Arista Records. She is also reportedly busy, working on her new film called "The Secret Life of Bees" where she plays with Queen Latifah, Alicia Keys, and Dakota Fanning.
Beside Jennifer, another star who is scheduled to perform at the convention is Jennifer Lopez, who will show her support for Barack on August 27. Meanwhile, to close the event is singer and guitarist Bruce Springsteen.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl