Jennifer Hudson to Sing 'National Anthem' for Barack Obama
Barack Obama's representative tells People that the presidential candidate has asked Jennifer Hudson to perform on the day he officially accepts his party's nomination for president. Jennifer is reportedly scheduled to deliver American national anthem "The Star-Spangled Banner" at Democratic National Convention which will be held on Thursday, August 28.
Commenting on the news, Jennifer's publicist says that the Oscar-winning "Dreamgirls" actress is very honored and excited. "She's thrilled and excited. It's a tremendous honor," says the publicist early this week.
However, spokesperson for the convention refuses to give any comment about Jennifer's performance until the official schedule is announced. The singer also admits in a statement that she hasn't been called for a confirmation yet. "I haven't gotten a call from them yet, but he does have my support," she says during an interview.
On top of the rumor, Jennifer is planned to drop her self-titled debut album on September 30 under Arista Records. She is also reportedly busy, working on her new film called "The Secret Life of Bees" where she plays with Queen Latifah, Alicia Keys, and Dakota Fanning.
Beside Jennifer, another star who is scheduled to perform at the convention is Jennifer Lopez, who will show her support for Barack on August 27. Meanwhile, to close the event is singer and guitarist Bruce Springsteen.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars