'Twilight' Unwrapped to Shoot New Scenes
Though the principal photography of vampire drama "Twilight" has been wrapped up months earlier, the cast and crew of the Summit Entertainment's romantic thriller are going back to the production set once again. They are getting back together starting on Monday, August 25, to shoot several extra scenes to spice up the movie even more.
Talking to MTV News, Carlisle Cullen's depicter, Peter Facinelli, suggested that the additional shooting is not reshoots of previous scenes. "They liked it so much, they are bringing us back for some encore time - to beef it up," he said. "A little salt and pepper." In the same positive tone, another cast member Taylor Lautner stated on Friday, August 22, "We actually just had a rehearsal at [director] Catherine Hardwicke's house the other day for a new scene. It was a ton of fun."
The additional filmings which will be done on Monday (August 25), Tuesday (August 26) and Thursday (August 28) have been hinted to contain a flashback scene explaining the background story of the Cullen family. "I can tell you it's a flashback scene," Facinelli shared. "It gives us a little bit of history of the Cullen family...They are just shooting a couple of different added scenes, and the scene I'm in, I can tell you it's me and Robert Pattinson...Rosalie and Emmett are in that scene."
Giving out more details, Lautner said that some of the new shots are taken to add his character, Jacob Black, to the end of the movie. "Well, I am going to be in the prom scene now, at the very end of the film," he explained. "At first we didn't film that, and now some people are saying they want to see a bit more of Jacob, and they want him in the prom scene at the end."
Adapted from Stephenie Meyer's bestselling novel of the same name, "Twilight" resolves around seventeen-year-old Isabella 'Bella' Swan, her mysterious vampire classmate, Edward Cullen, and their unlikely romantic relationship. Finding acceptance from one another, their romance blossoms. However, it puts Bella's life in grave danger as Cullen's nemesis comes to the town and sets his eyes on Bella.
Pushed up to be released on November 21, the Catherine Hardwicke-directed movie is also starred by Kristen Stewart, Elizabeth Reaser, Jackson Rathbone, Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz. The script is provided by Melissa Rosenberg.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?