Artist of the Week: Heidi Newfield
Heidi Newfield steps out of Trick Pony's shadow to show the world what she can do as a solo. Indeed, the huge decision led to a favorable result with her solo album "What Am I Waiting For" taking the tenth spot of Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release on August 5 and also lands at number 2 on Hot Country Albums tally. "It is just fantastic, because this was such a labor of love. It's a wonderful feeling to have it be accepted and connect with everyone as you hope that it will," she said.
"What Am I Waiting For" is led by the sultry single of "Johnny and June" that unmistakably represents the country legends themselves, Johnny Cash and June Carter. On taking them as inspiration, Heidi reasoned that their love is "powerful and big, and crazy and wild. Everybody wants to find that kind of a big love in their life"
Heidi left a successful trio group Trick Pony that not only send their three studio albums up to the top charts, but also received nomination for ACM Best New Artist. Her departure was mainly triggered by the urge to get her inner creativity spurted out freely. "That was still me," she said on leaving Trick Pony. "But I felt that I had been painted into a corner, and I wanted to be able to branch out. I wanted to depart from that simply because I felt that I could do more. "
In commitment to her solo career, Heidi supported the album with a summer tour that also boasted the participation of Brooks & Dunn. She also recorded an acoustic set for CMT's "330 Sessions" plus make some appearances on "Inside Music Row," News Channel 5's "Talk Of The Town" as well as "Tennessee Mornings" on Fox 17.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked