Artist of the Week: Heidi Newfield
Heidi Newfield steps out of Trick Pony's shadow to show the world what she can do as a solo. Indeed, the huge decision led to a favorable result with her solo album "What Am I Waiting For" taking the tenth spot of Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release on August 5 and also lands at number 2 on Hot Country Albums tally. "It is just fantastic, because this was such a labor of love. It's a wonderful feeling to have it be accepted and connect with everyone as you hope that it will," she said.
"What Am I Waiting For" is led by the sultry single of "Johnny and June" that unmistakably represents the country legends themselves, Johnny Cash and June Carter. On taking them as inspiration, Heidi reasoned that their love is "powerful and big, and crazy and wild. Everybody wants to find that kind of a big love in their life"
Heidi left a successful trio group Trick Pony that not only send their three studio albums up to the top charts, but also received nomination for ACM Best New Artist. Her departure was mainly triggered by the urge to get her inner creativity spurted out freely. "That was still me," she said on leaving Trick Pony. "But I felt that I had been painted into a corner, and I wanted to be able to branch out. I wanted to depart from that simply because I felt that I could do more. "
In commitment to her solo career, Heidi supported the album with a summer tour that also boasted the participation of Brooks & Dunn. She also recorded an acoustic set for CMT's "330 Sessions" plus make some appearances on "Inside Music Row," News Channel 5's "Talk Of The Town" as well as "Tennessee Mornings" on Fox 17.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered