Artist of the Week: Heidi Newfield
Heidi Newfield steps out of Trick Pony's shadow to show the world what she can do as a solo. Indeed, the huge decision led to a favorable result with her solo album "What Am I Waiting For" taking the tenth spot of Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release on August 5 and also lands at number 2 on Hot Country Albums tally. "It is just fantastic, because this was such a labor of love. It's a wonderful feeling to have it be accepted and connect with everyone as you hope that it will," she said.
"What Am I Waiting For" is led by the sultry single of "Johnny and June" that unmistakably represents the country legends themselves, Johnny Cash and June Carter. On taking them as inspiration, Heidi reasoned that their love is "powerful and big, and crazy and wild. Everybody wants to find that kind of a big love in their life"
Heidi left a successful trio group Trick Pony that not only send their three studio albums up to the top charts, but also received nomination for ACM Best New Artist. Her departure was mainly triggered by the urge to get her inner creativity spurted out freely. "That was still me," she said on leaving Trick Pony. "But I felt that I had been painted into a corner, and I wanted to be able to branch out. I wanted to depart from that simply because I felt that I could do more. "
In commitment to her solo career, Heidi supported the album with a summer tour that also boasted the participation of Brooks & Dunn. She also recorded an acoustic set for CMT's "330 Sessions" plus make some appearances on "Inside Music Row," News Channel 5's "Talk Of The Town" as well as "Tennessee Mornings" on Fox 17.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy