Cher Lining Up for 'Batman 3''s Catwoman
Angelina Jolie may get a competition for the Catwoman role in "Batman 3" as Cher is reported to be in negotiations for the part. Though the "Wanted (2008)" star has been linked to the feline villain for quite sometime now, latest report from British's Telegraph indicates that director Christopher Nolan prefers to give the part to the pop singer/actress instead.
According to the publication, the 62-year-old Cher has become Nolan's prime choice for the character whose alter ego is known as Selina Kyle. "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years," claimed a studio executive. "The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."
Though Cher started off her stardom through music business, she is also praised for her acting performances earning her an Academy Award for 1987 "Moonstruck". Her latest feature film credits include 1999 "Tea With Mussolini" in which she played Elsa Morganthal Strauss-Armistan and 2003 "Stuck on You" where she appears as herself.
"Batman 3", the sequel to the record-breaking "The Dark Knight", is said to be temporarily entitled "The Caped Crusade". The filming is scheduled to begin in Vancouver early 2009 and may get Johnny Depp as The Riddler.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle