Cher Lining Up for 'Batman 3''s Catwoman
Angelina Jolie may get a competition for the Catwoman role in "Batman 3" as Cher is reported to be in negotiations for the part. Though the "Wanted (2008)" star has been linked to the feline villain for quite sometime now, latest report from British's Telegraph indicates that director Christopher Nolan prefers to give the part to the pop singer/actress instead.
According to the publication, the 62-year-old Cher has become Nolan's prime choice for the character whose alter ego is known as Selina Kyle. "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years," claimed a studio executive. "The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."
Though Cher started off her stardom through music business, she is also praised for her acting performances earning her an Academy Award for 1987 "Moonstruck". Her latest feature film credits include 1999 "Tea With Mussolini" in which she played Elsa Morganthal Strauss-Armistan and 2003 "Stuck on You" where she appears as herself.
"Batman 3", the sequel to the record-breaking "The Dark Knight", is said to be temporarily entitled "The Caped Crusade". The filming is scheduled to begin in Vancouver early 2009 and may get Johnny Depp as The Riddler.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris