Katy Perry Inspired by Scarlett Johansson in 'I Kissed a Girl'
Behind the highly-successful and controversial song of "I Kissed a Girl" lays Scarlett Johansson. The song's crooner and co-writer, Katy Perry, confessed that she was inspired by the actress when she flipped through a magazine revealing a picture of the sexy blonde.
"'I Kissed a Girl' was inspired when I opened up a magazine and I saw a picture of Scarlett Johansson," Perry said to Steppin' Out magazine. "I was with my boyfriend at the time, and I said to him, 'I'm not going to lie: If Scarlett Johansson walked into the room and wanted to make out with me, I would make out with her. I hope you're okay with that?"
"I Kissed a Girl" became an international hit when it was released earlier this year. It sat at number 1 on Billboard Hot 100 chart for seven consecutive weeks and later on peaked at the top position of U.K. Singles chart. Controversy surrounds the song with some deeming it as containing homosexual references. However, Perry's father Keith recently revealed that Perry wrote the song when she was mad at her boyfriend and that it has nothing to do with homosexuality none whatsoever.
Perry is now dating Travis McCoy from alternative hip-hop band Gym Class Heroes. When asked the last time on who she wants to snog when she has the opportunity, Perry said, "I'm not a lesbian, I love men. As for kissing a girl, I'm holding out for Megan Fox."
More Katy Perry News
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?