Katy Perry Inspired by Scarlett Johansson in 'I Kissed a Girl'
Behind the highly-successful and controversial song of "I Kissed a Girl" lays Scarlett Johansson. The song's crooner and co-writer, Katy Perry, confessed that she was inspired by the actress when she flipped through a magazine revealing a picture of the sexy blonde.
"'I Kissed a Girl' was inspired when I opened up a magazine and I saw a picture of Scarlett Johansson," Perry said to Steppin' Out magazine. "I was with my boyfriend at the time, and I said to him, 'I'm not going to lie: If Scarlett Johansson walked into the room and wanted to make out with me, I would make out with her. I hope you're okay with that?"
"I Kissed a Girl" became an international hit when it was released earlier this year. It sat at number 1 on Billboard Hot 100 chart for seven consecutive weeks and later on peaked at the top position of U.K. Singles chart. Controversy surrounds the song with some deeming it as containing homosexual references. However, Perry's father Keith recently revealed that Perry wrote the song when she was mad at her boyfriend and that it has nothing to do with homosexuality none whatsoever.
Perry is now dating Travis McCoy from alternative hip-hop band Gym Class Heroes. When asked the last time on who she wants to snog when she has the opportunity, Perry said, "I'm not a lesbian, I love men. As for kissing a girl, I'm holding out for Megan Fox."
More Katy Perry News
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her