Video Premiere: Cassie's 'Official Girl' Feat. Lil Wayne
Cassie has just premiered a music video to support her lead single called "Official Girl". The Danja-produced track where she collaborates with rapper Lil Wayne, is taken from her upcoming sophomore album tentatively entitled "Connecticut Fever", which has no fixed release date yet.
The music video is directed by Chris Robinson. The singer described its plot as "a series of things", where she is in the "crazy-girl stage". It is mostly about a young beautiful woman, who is feeling stressed out. She is fallen into a situation where her lover has no desire to take their relationship to a more serious level. Being fed up with all the uncertainty, at the end of the video, Cassie decides to call off her relationship and move on to find any other man who really loves her.
According to Cassie, the song is dedicated to independent-spirited women while the video is aimed at encouraging the ladies to take control of their relationship. Cassie hopes that the song can spread the message of girl power and empower girls to stand up for their romantic relationships.
Cassie's "Official Girl" featuring Lil Wayne:
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed