'Virulents' Helmer Eyeing 'Max Payne' Star Mark Wahlberg
While his latest action movie "Max Payne" is still busy dealing with its promotion, Mark Walhlberg has offered a story of his own with the possible casting of "Virulents". Revealing with who he likes to work on the horror thriller, director John Moore told MTV that he wants to have the 37-year-old in it.
Discussing about the feature film based on Virgin Comics of the same title, Moore shared the one actor he has in mind. "Mark [Wahlberg]," he said unhesitatingly. "We had a hell of a time on 'Max Payne.' I think he's an actor of unlimited potential and I'd just love to go around with him again. [But] we're not in control of these things - lots of big people with big checkbooks get to do that. If it's going to happen, then the karma makes it happen."
Though his remark opens chances for Walhlberg to star in the film, it also lets out the fact that it is up to the studio producing it to choose the actor. However, if in the future Walhlberg is cast, this movie will be the second film project that teams he and Moore together following their collaboration in video game adaptation "Max Payne" which will be released on October 17.
Talking further about the movie itself, Moore explained that his "Virulents" will still have an ironic lightness. "The world's pretty serious right now, and there's an ironic lightness in 'Virulents,'" he said. "There's a touch of macabre ridiculousness to it. I think we've seen a lot of attempts to make serious movies about serious things, and it strikes me that we might be a little more artful about how we make a point [these days]."
Scripted by John Cox, "Virulents" tells the story of a U.S. Marines platoon who is stationed in Afghanistan. Sent to look for a lost patrol in the country, they instead are stumbling into meeting a band of flesh-eating vampire zombies. The movie is aimed to distributed by the 20th Century Fox in 2010.
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M