Jessica Simpson Denies Tony Romo Still Calling Ex-Girlfriend Carrie Underwood
Pop-turns-country singer Jessica Simpson has spoken out against Carrie Underwood's recent claim that ex-boyfriend Tony Romo is still calling her despite the fact that they have split for months and he's already dating Jess. Insisting the American Idol champion's claim as false, Jess claimed that she and Romo "laughed" when they first heard that.
Underwood told Allure magazine in an interview for its September issue that Romo still calls her sometimes, but she doesn't always pick up the phone. "The phone will ring and it'll be him, and I'll maybe not answer," said the songbird of the Dallas Cowboys quarterback.
Jess, on the other hand, slammed Underwood's claim, telling Nashville radio station, the Woody and Jim show, in an interview on Wednesday, August 20, "Tony and I both laughed at that. We got a chuckle out of it." She furthermore insisted that "If Tony wanted to call her and be with her, he would." The actress-singer added she even "looked at his call log" just to make sure, before adding "I'm kidding! I'm not that girl!"
And despite the many negative rumors surrounding their love relationship, Jess has sung her praise for Romo, telling Elle magazine's September issue "Tony understands me. He appreciates my talent. He's the first person I've spiritually connected with." The football player apparently is also very supportive of Jess as he's been very vocal in speaking his praise for her and her singing talent. He, moreover, has been very supportive of her debut country album, "Do You Know?", claiming it as "the cutest thing."
Jess began dating Romo November last year, just one month after he split up from Underwood. Break up rumors have hit them for several times, but still getting together until now the pair prove their romance is stronger as ever. Below is the video of Jess' interview with Nashville's 107.5 FM's Woody and Jim show.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'