Avril Lavigne to Go On With Malaysian Concert
Looks like Avril Lavigne will still travel to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia next weekend to conduct the concert that initially created a stir for its opposition. The singer's manager Terry McBride said on Thursday, August 21 that Avril will abide to the local rules and get on with the show which is scheduled for August 29. "The reason why Avril is huge in Asia is she's respectful to the culture," Terry said.
Earlier this week, a party calling themselves Pan-Malaysian Islamic proposed for a boycott to the government for the show because it is deemed too "sexy" for the youths. The Arts, Culture and Heritage Ministry then took action by canceling the concert and initiating it for a reschedule. The decision was ruled as the proper thing to do for Malaysia which is anticipating their independence day on August 31.
However, Avril revealed to MTV that she indeed got through with the government and will still conduct the show. "Well, I've actually been approved by the government to play a show," she said. "I've already sold 10,000 tickets there, so I will be going to put on a concert for the fans."
Reasoning on her decision to go on with the show, Avril continued, "They tend to, you know, sometimes not want Western artists in their country. I respect that, but at the same time, you know, there's people that listen to music there and want to see their idols and stuff, so it's all good: been approved by the government and (I'm) going to go put on a show and have fun."
Malaysia require that the stage costumes should cover from chest to knees and that they should not include any drug-related image. Shouting, kissing, hugging and jumping are also banned from the stage. "We've been respecting the process and making sure we have all the proper permits," Terry added.
More Avril Lavigne News
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'