Jermaine Dupri's Career at Def Jam Terminated?
Record producer, songwriter, and rapper Jermaine Dupri has reportedly been fired from Island Def jam Music Group. A source, as quoted on SOHH.com, says, "I am being told that JD's termination papers were being drafted this afternoon (August 20)."
The surprising rumor makes some claim that he is dropped because he has failed working on Janet Jackson's "Discipline", which does not share the success of her previous albums. Jermaine is also said to be responsible for Mariah Carey's "E=MC²", which is reportedly having problems with a follow-up single after "Touch My Body". To make matter worse, some continue criticizing him with Johnta Austin's projects, "Ocean Drive" that has been permanently shelved, and rumored upcoming "Love, Sex, and Religian" that hasn't been confirmed for release.
Jermaine has been working for Def Jam as head of Def Jam Urban division since late 2006. He has produced Monica's 2006 fourth studio album "The Making of Me" and also worked on multiple tracks on Jay-Z's 2007 studio set "American Gangster" ever since.
Jermaine and his management team have given no comment yet on the rumor. Def Jam's representatives have also been silent about the gossip.
Other news say that Jermaine has closed down his restaurant, Cafe Dupri, in Atlanta. His employees claim that they haven't been paid for weeks because of faulty checks and no action was taken to get them fully compensated. However, the rapper's mother, Tina Mauldin, who served as CEO for the restaurant, shoots back by saying that all the workers have been fully paid.
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors