Oasis Going Sidestream in 'Dig Out Your Soul'
British band Oasis have decided to change their musical direction in their upcoming seventh studio effort "Dig Out Your Soul". Their lead vocalist Noel Gallagher says that the new album will be the place for them to work on something less mainstream.
In an interview with BBC6, Noel states that he and the other band mates will get rid of usual sounds that people often hear on radios. "It's not Britpop, let's put it that way. It's not our usual thing," says he. "Some of it sounds a bit glam. There's no pop singles on it. I'd be amazed if anything else gets on the radio past the first single." Furthermore, he reveals that he will play drums on some of the tracks. "It's just really exciting, three of the tracks have got two drummers on, me and Zak Starkey playing drums," he adds, thrilled.
Confirming about the inspiration that leads them to the sidestream direction, Noel says that rock bands such as The Stooges, The Doors, and musician John Lennon have influenced them. "There's a kind of piano-y, John Lennon-y obligatory plod-away song in the middle, which Liam wrote," he says. "And that's to break up the two sides which are pretty intense, and it's full-on from the start to finish."
Meanwhile, for its title "Dig Out Your Soul", Noel says that it refers to a DJ, digging out his soul. "Originally it was going to be called 'Bag It Up' and then it was going to be called 'The Shock Of The Lightning' and then it was going to be called Standing On The Edge Of The Noise," he says. Then, the singer continues explaining, "I couldn't think of any ideas and then somebody had taken bits of the lyrics out and 'Dig Out Your Soul' was what came up. I was like, You know what? Titles become themselves."
"Dig Out Your Soul" is planned for release on October 6. It will be preceded by its first single, "The Shock of the Lightning" on September 29.
Elsewhere, Oasis' performances in Glasgow, Scotland on November 4 and 5 have been highly anticipated by their fans. A total of 10,000 tickets for the show has been sold out in less than five minutes. A spokeswoman for the show says, "Tickets sold out in minutes, at 9am on the dot there were 6000 people on our website while the rest were sold just minutes later."
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship