'My Life in Ruins' to Challenge 'Star Trek'
Romantic comedy "My Life in Ruins" has received its U.S. release date. Scheduled to be screened in theaters nationwide on May 8, 2009, the Nia Vardalos' movie about a tour guide who finds love in the place she least expected will be let out at the same day "Star Trek" makes its first appearance in the big screen.
Up to date, the eleventh installment of the sci-fi popular series is the only competition "Ruins" will be facing. Set in the exotic island of Greece, the film that teams up once again Vardalos with her "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" producers, Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, will be getting an earlier release in Greece on August 28, 2008.
From Fox Searchlight Pictures comes a romantic comedy about Georgia, a Greek-American tour guide who leads a band of misfit tourists around Greece. Facing a clash of personalities and cultures, everything she has planned goes on the wrong way. That is until she meets Irv Gordon, a tourist who takes her on a personal detour and opens her eyes to a possibility of love which she finds on the last person she would expect, her Greek bus driver.
Directed by Donald Petrie, the film sees Vardalos portraying Georgia. She is supported by Richard Dreyfuss, Alexis Georgoulis and many others in this comical film written by Mike Reiss.
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge