Emily Blunt to Replace Kate Winslet in 'Gnomeo and Juliet'
Emily Blunt, the depicter of the rude and haughty senior assistant of Runway's editor in "The Devil Wears Prada" is about to trade off her stylish clothes to be a garden gnome in "Gnomeo and Juliet". Negotiating to voice the titular character, the Golden Globe Award recipient will be taking over the part of Juliet which has been left by Kate Winslet due to scheduling conflicts.
In the animation movie loosely adapted from William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", Blunt is most likely to pair up with "Wanted (2008)" star James McAvoy who is in talks to play the other titular role, Gnomeo. If both she and McAvoy struck the casting deal, this would be the pair's first project together.
Resolving the story of two deeply-in-love garden gnomes living in separate rival gardens, "Gnomeo and Juliet" will be directed by Kelly Asbury from the screenplay by Rob Sprackling, John R. Smith, Kevin Cecil, Andy Riley and Mark Burton. To feature a selection of Elton John's best hits, the movie once set by Walt Disney Pictures is now expected to be finished by 2010.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'