Emily Blunt to Replace Kate Winslet in 'Gnomeo and Juliet'
Emily Blunt, the depicter of the rude and haughty senior assistant of Runway's editor in "The Devil Wears Prada" is about to trade off her stylish clothes to be a garden gnome in "Gnomeo and Juliet". Negotiating to voice the titular character, the Golden Globe Award recipient will be taking over the part of Juliet which has been left by Kate Winslet due to scheduling conflicts.
In the animation movie loosely adapted from William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", Blunt is most likely to pair up with "Wanted (2008)" star James McAvoy who is in talks to play the other titular role, Gnomeo. If both she and McAvoy struck the casting deal, this would be the pair's first project together.
Resolving the story of two deeply-in-love garden gnomes living in separate rival gardens, "Gnomeo and Juliet" will be directed by Kelly Asbury from the screenplay by Rob Sprackling, John R. Smith, Kevin Cecil, Andy Riley and Mark Burton. To feature a selection of Elton John's best hits, the movie once set by Walt Disney Pictures is now expected to be finished by 2010.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media