Emily Blunt to Replace Kate Winslet in 'Gnomeo and Juliet'
Emily Blunt, the depicter of the rude and haughty senior assistant of Runway's editor in "The Devil Wears Prada" is about to trade off her stylish clothes to be a garden gnome in "Gnomeo and Juliet". Negotiating to voice the titular character, the Golden Globe Award recipient will be taking over the part of Juliet which has been left by Kate Winslet due to scheduling conflicts.
In the animation movie loosely adapted from William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", Blunt is most likely to pair up with "Wanted (2008)" star James McAvoy who is in talks to play the other titular role, Gnomeo. If both she and McAvoy struck the casting deal, this would be the pair's first project together.
Resolving the story of two deeply-in-love garden gnomes living in separate rival gardens, "Gnomeo and Juliet" will be directed by Kelly Asbury from the screenplay by Rob Sprackling, John R. Smith, Kevin Cecil, Andy Riley and Mark Burton. To feature a selection of Elton John's best hits, the movie once set by Walt Disney Pictures is now expected to be finished by 2010.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl