Emily Blunt to Replace Kate Winslet in 'Gnomeo and Juliet'
Emily Blunt, the depicter of the rude and haughty senior assistant of Runway's editor in "The Devil Wears Prada" is about to trade off her stylish clothes to be a garden gnome in "Gnomeo and Juliet". Negotiating to voice the titular character, the Golden Globe Award recipient will be taking over the part of Juliet which has been left by Kate Winslet due to scheduling conflicts.
In the animation movie loosely adapted from William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", Blunt is most likely to pair up with "Wanted (2008)" star James McAvoy who is in talks to play the other titular role, Gnomeo. If both she and McAvoy struck the casting deal, this would be the pair's first project together.
Resolving the story of two deeply-in-love garden gnomes living in separate rival gardens, "Gnomeo and Juliet" will be directed by Kelly Asbury from the screenplay by Rob Sprackling, John R. Smith, Kevin Cecil, Andy Riley and Mark Burton. To feature a selection of Elton John's best hits, the movie once set by Walt Disney Pictures is now expected to be finished by 2010.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed