Band Mate Dave Matthews Comments on Death of Band's Saxophonist LeRoi Moore
The show is going on as it's been scheduled for Dave Matthews Band despite the mounting reports on the death of its saxophonist LeRoi Moore. The rock music act fulfilled their duty, performing for a scheduled appearance at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, August 19 during when lead singer Dave Matthews broke his silence, paying tribute to his late band mate.
Paying his tribute for Moore on stage, Matthews told the many concertgoers, "We all had some bad news today. Our good friend LeRoi Moore passed on and gave his ghost up today and we will miss him forever." He later on went on adding, "It's easier to leave than be left."
Fans who were attending the show also paid tribute to Moore, shouting his name in between the band's performance. There have yet words on when a funeral for Moore will be held.
Moore, a founding member of Dave Matthews Band, died at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in L.A. Tuesday afternoon, August 19. He reportedly suffered from sudden complications stemming from an ATV accident he had on June 30 on his farm near Charlottesville, Virginia.
Dave Matthews Band currently is headlining their annual summer tour which has been kicked off on July 8 at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, IL and will run through October 2 at the double nightstand venue Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA.
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage