Travis McCoy Amazed by Katy Perry's Parents' Comment on Song
Travis McCoy of Gym Class Heroes has released a statement in defense of his girlfriend Katy Perry who was criticized by her own parents for the profane lyrics of her song "I Kissed a Girl". McCoy admits that he is stunned by the parents' comment that dub the song as "shameful" and a "disgrace".
Earlier this week, Katy's mom Mary Hudson who is a devoted preacher told DailyMail.co.uk that she hates the song and that it "clearly promotes homosexuality and its message is shameful and disgusting." Mary added that she fears Katy "has been led astray by the Hollywood crowd," and that she prays "all the time that God will work through her and help her find salvation."
Travis who has known Katy for more than three years and given her a promise ring said that he didn't expect that her evangelist mom will speak up her mind regarding the song to the media. He said, "Her parents are actually really cool. They are ministers. They never shunned her for her music or her lyrics."
Katy herself has released her statement regarding the rift with her parents, simply saying "I stopped trying to change them at 21." Katy started her pop career in her early teens by singing in churches and restaurants. She also released a gospel album in 2001 under the name Katy Hudson.
"I Kissed a Girl" has topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart for seven consecutive weeks. It contains the lyrics "I kissed a girl and I liked it / The taste of her cherry chapstick".
More Katy Perry News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media