Kristin Chenoweth Plans 'For Gays' Debut Album
Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth has just revealed that she wants to, some day, record an album to honor the homosexuals. She says that the song list of the not-yet titled album will include singles, such as "The Man That Got Away" and "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy." In addition, as a salute to gay marriage, she notes that she will record "Going to the Chapel", and her favorite tune "Papa, Can You Hear Me?" which is taken from 1983 Barbra Streisand's movie "Yentl".
Following her statement, some claim that her idea is pretty much directed by her, being chosen as one of honorees by a scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans gender students, Point Foundation. She is appreciated by the foundation for her work in the entertainment industry and her advocacy for a gay community, the LGBT community. The award will be given at a benefit party called as Courage Awards on Saturday, September 13 at the Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles. "Awards are one thing and they're wonderful to get," Kristin says. "But this kind of thing just makes me feel so honored to be recognized by people who empower kids, who encourage them to just excel and not be held back by what society thinks."
However, when asked about her inspiration that makes her come to such idea, she says that she has just got it from one of her make-up artists, and that there is nothing to do with the awards. She says as quoted by E!, "One of the makeup artists at Pushing Up Daisies was like, 'What's your next album gonna be?' And I said, 'I dunno,' He was like, 'How about For the Gays?' I was like, 'Genius!' That is going to be the title of my next album, For the Gays."
More Kristin Chenoweth News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?