Babyshambles Apologized for Pete Doherty's Absence
English rock band Babyshambles were forced to cancel their show at FM4 Frequency Festival after their lead vocalist Pete Doherty didn't show up in Salzburg, Austria where the annual music festival was held. According to Adam Ficek, Pete didn't come to the festival on the day of their performance because he missed the flight to Austria. "We are in Salzburg, with no Peter," said Adam.
Speaking of the cancellation, Adam says that though Pete didn't come and they couldn't perform, he and other band members, Mik Whitnall and Drew McConnell, still attended the festival in order to apologize to their fans. "We will head to the festival and apologize on stage," Adam added at that time. "Drew, Mik and myself can only apologise to those who came to see us today."
Babyshambles were actually scheduled to perform on Race Stage of the FM4 rock festival on August 16. They were supposed to share stage with other rock bands, such as The Killers, R.E.M., and The Subway.
Commenting on Pete's absence, The Subway's frontman Billy Lunn said that he wouldn't take any risk of losing his chance to perform with his band. "I would never get so wasted that I miss flights, disappoint fans and lose my chance to play. I live and breathe music, I love getting onstage and doing what we do. It's a privilege," said he in a press release.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo