Brad Pitt Creating Ecofriendly Body Wash for Green Causes
Involving himself deeply into the issue of green causes, Brad Pitt has teamed up with cosmetics firm Kiehl's to develop an ecofriendly body wash, called Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser. All profits from the product's sales will be used to benefit JPF Eco Systems, a foundation created by Pitt and Kiehl's to "support global environmental initiatives that minimize impact on the environment through thoughtful design."
Unlike any other celebrity endorsements, Pitt won't appear in the ads promoting the body wash. He will on the other way around lend a helping hand serving as brand executive for the new body cleanser. He would receive no payment for the part though.
Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser reportedly doesn't contain parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate or dyes. It instead boasts such natural ingredients, as aloe vera, coconut-derived cleansers and glycerin. The product is put in a food-grade, post-consumer recycled bottle. The body wash will be put on sale online and at Kiehl's counters in department stores and boutiques starting from this coming October.
The cleanser will cost at US$16.95 and is expected to raise around US$1 million. The first beneficiary from its sales will be Pitt's Make It Right organization which he started last year to help provide fund for the rebuilding projects in New Orleans.
Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser, according to reports, is the first commercial product from a cosmetics company which gets certification as environmentally friendly by Cradle to Cradle standards.
More Brad Pitt News
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance