Brad Pitt Creating Ecofriendly Body Wash for Green Causes
Involving himself deeply into the issue of green causes, Brad Pitt has teamed up with cosmetics firm Kiehl's to develop an ecofriendly body wash, called Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser. All profits from the product's sales will be used to benefit JPF Eco Systems, a foundation created by Pitt and Kiehl's to "support global environmental initiatives that minimize impact on the environment through thoughtful design."
Unlike any other celebrity endorsements, Pitt won't appear in the ads promoting the body wash. He will on the other way around lend a helping hand serving as brand executive for the new body cleanser. He would receive no payment for the part though.
Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser reportedly doesn't contain parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate or dyes. It instead boasts such natural ingredients, as aloe vera, coconut-derived cleansers and glycerin. The product is put in a food-grade, post-consumer recycled bottle. The body wash will be put on sale online and at Kiehl's counters in department stores and boutiques starting from this coming October.
The cleanser will cost at US$16.95 and is expected to raise around US$1 million. The first beneficiary from its sales will be Pitt's Make It Right organization which he started last year to help provide fund for the rebuilding projects in New Orleans.
Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser, according to reports, is the first commercial product from a cosmetics company which gets certification as environmentally friendly by Cradle to Cradle standards.
More Brad Pitt News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones