Brad Pitt Creating Ecofriendly Body Wash for Green Causes
Involving himself deeply into the issue of green causes, Brad Pitt has teamed up with cosmetics firm Kiehl's to develop an ecofriendly body wash, called Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser. All profits from the product's sales will be used to benefit JPF Eco Systems, a foundation created by Pitt and Kiehl's to "support global environmental initiatives that minimize impact on the environment through thoughtful design."
Unlike any other celebrity endorsements, Pitt won't appear in the ads promoting the body wash. He will on the other way around lend a helping hand serving as brand executive for the new body cleanser. He would receive no payment for the part though.
Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser reportedly doesn't contain parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate or dyes. It instead boasts such natural ingredients, as aloe vera, coconut-derived cleansers and glycerin. The product is put in a food-grade, post-consumer recycled bottle. The body wash will be put on sale online and at Kiehl's counters in department stores and boutiques starting from this coming October.
The cleanser will cost at US$16.95 and is expected to raise around US$1 million. The first beneficiary from its sales will be Pitt's Make It Right organization which he started last year to help provide fund for the rebuilding projects in New Orleans.
Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser, according to reports, is the first commercial product from a cosmetics company which gets certification as environmentally friendly by Cradle to Cradle standards.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'