Brad Pitt Creating Ecofriendly Body Wash for Green Causes
Involving himself deeply into the issue of green causes, Brad Pitt has teamed up with cosmetics firm Kiehl's to develop an ecofriendly body wash, called Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser. All profits from the product's sales will be used to benefit JPF Eco Systems, a foundation created by Pitt and Kiehl's to "support global environmental initiatives that minimize impact on the environment through thoughtful design."
Unlike any other celebrity endorsements, Pitt won't appear in the ads promoting the body wash. He will on the other way around lend a helping hand serving as brand executive for the new body cleanser. He would receive no payment for the part though.
Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser reportedly doesn't contain parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate or dyes. It instead boasts such natural ingredients, as aloe vera, coconut-derived cleansers and glycerin. The product is put in a food-grade, post-consumer recycled bottle. The body wash will be put on sale online and at Kiehl's counters in department stores and boutiques starting from this coming October.
The cleanser will cost at US$16.95 and is expected to raise around US$1 million. The first beneficiary from its sales will be Pitt's Make It Right organization which he started last year to help provide fund for the rebuilding projects in New Orleans.
Aloe Vera Biodegradable Liquid Body Cleanser, according to reports, is the first commercial product from a cosmetics company which gets certification as environmentally friendly by Cradle to Cradle standards.
More Brad Pitt News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered