Madonna Turns 50 Years Old in Style, Details of Her Birthday Bash
Madonna turned 50 years old on Saturday, August 16 and her husband Guy Ritchie helped celebrating the big day in style. Pouring cold water on the long persistent rumors that their marriage is on the rocks and they are on the verge of divorcing, the movie director threw a birthday bash for the singer and gave a speech, expressing his praise for her in front of her many friends who were invited to the bash.
The party, held at the trendy club Volstead in London's West End, was a private event. "It was a small party," a source confirmed to People. "A private event for her close family and friends. It was low key." There were about 90 people attending the party.
The celebration saw Madonna's daughter Lourdes serenading her on the piano and illusionist David Blaine performing card tricks. Madonna was quick to hit the dancefloor with Lourdes and sons Rocco and David once the DJ played her greatest hits. People at the bash reportedly danced until 3 A.M.
On top of those highlights was Guy's speech in front of partygoers. Paying tribute to Madonna's successful singing career, he also expressed his pride of becoming her husband, saying "She looks better now than she ever has done. I'm so proud. I love her so much." Madonna herself also stood up for a speech, giving her thanks to friends and family who gathered for the celebration.
Having done with the party, Madonna was spotted on Sunday morning, August 17 heading to the gym for her usual daily workout.
More Madonna News
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo