Internal Rift in Black Eyed Peas Prompts Tour Cancellation
A new album is imminent for Black Eyed Peas but a tour is unlikely. Reports are saying that there is an internal rift in the group that may cost them a world tour in support of the new effort. Member will.i.am reportedly is furious with the only female member Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie for not putting the band as a priority.
A source told New York gossip column, Page Six that Fergie is more focused on her movie career rather than her music career as a Peas. The source said that Fergie "won't commit to a tour schedule to promote the album" and that musical piece "Nine", that starts shooting in Europe, is her "priority right now".
Black Eyed Peas have not released any studio album since the highly-successful "Monkey Business" in 2005. Each member of the four-piece is busy doing solo projects with will.i.am and Fergie spawning successful solo albums. However, it was announced early this year that they have gone back to the studio together to work on the third album and will release it before the year ends.
Fergie will play the role of a prostitute in "Nine" that also sees other big movie stars such as Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman and Daniel Day-Lewis taking part. "She's basically a prostitute on the beach," Fergie said previously about her role. "She introduces Day-Lewis' character to the world of sexuality. I'm going to be singing as a character and that's really exciting to me."
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?