Internal Rift in Black Eyed Peas Prompts Tour Cancellation
A new album is imminent for Black Eyed Peas but a tour is unlikely. Reports are saying that there is an internal rift in the group that may cost them a world tour in support of the new effort. Member will.i.am reportedly is furious with the only female member Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie for not putting the band as a priority.
A source told New York gossip column, Page Six that Fergie is more focused on her movie career rather than her music career as a Peas. The source said that Fergie "won't commit to a tour schedule to promote the album" and that musical piece "Nine", that starts shooting in Europe, is her "priority right now".
Black Eyed Peas have not released any studio album since the highly-successful "Monkey Business" in 2005. Each member of the four-piece is busy doing solo projects with will.i.am and Fergie spawning successful solo albums. However, it was announced early this year that they have gone back to the studio together to work on the third album and will release it before the year ends.
Fergie will play the role of a prostitute in "Nine" that also sees other big movie stars such as Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman and Daniel Day-Lewis taking part. "She's basically a prostitute on the beach," Fergie said previously about her role. "She introduces Day-Lewis' character to the world of sexuality. I'm going to be singing as a character and that's really exciting to me."
More Black Eyed Peas News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3