'Spider-Man' Villain James Franco the Next Jack Ryan?
Following report on director Sam Raimi being attached to the "Jack Ryan" reboot movie, an interesting tidbit on the casting has developed. It is now rumored that James Franco, the actor who played Peter Parker's best friend-turned enemy, Harry Osborn in "Spider-Man" series, has been considered by Raimi to take the lead role in the Tom Clancy's adaptation, "Untitled Jack Ryan Project".
By that, it means that Franco has been eyed to fill the shoes of CIA analyst Jack Ryan, who has been depicted previously by Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck. Offering a contrast to the possible casting of the 30-year-old though, CHUD mentioned that Paramount Pictures and Raimi have clashed over the idea, especially since Paramount weren't so eager to hire Franco due to his box office modest records.
Despite Paramount's reluctance, if this "Pineapple Express" star is indeed being cast, it would be his fourth time working with Raimi. Franco has teamed up with the notable filmmaker in all three installments of the "Spider-Man" live-action movies starring Tobey Maguire. He is known for his works in "Flyboys", "Freaks and Geeks" and the TNT Cable Movie "James Dean".
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans