50 Cent Leads 2008 Forbes Hip-Hop's Cash King
Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson has taken top spot of Forbes' annual list for Hip-Hop's Cash King from Jay-Z's hand. This year, 50 Cent leads the spot on the list with an estimated total wealth of over $150 million, almost twice from Jay-Z's earnings.
Signing a $100-millions deal with Vitamin Water, 50 Cent has shifted Jay-Z from the hot spot to runner-up by $18 million cash gap. His other huge investments include album sales, clothing sales for his label G-Unit, video games, and a mining partnership with a billionaire from South Africa Patrice Motsepe.
Sliding down one place, Jay-Z lingers at second spot with $82 millions earnings. He gets much of his money from his last album "American Gangster", which has been sold over 1,450,000 copies worldwide since it has been released in November 2007. Furthermore, he has also pocketed profits from his stakes in the New Jersey Nets and endorsement deals with Dell and Budweiser.
Meanwhile, twice in a row, rapper P. Diddy takes number three on the list. He has banked $35 million from his album sales, his record company Bad Boy and clothing line Sean John which won Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards in 2004. Besides that, he also got his money from reality TV shows and alcohol brand Absolut Vodka which sign him as their icon.
Top 10 of Forbes' 2008 Hip-Hop's Cash King:
More 50 Cent News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding