30 Seconds to Mars Sued for 30 Million Dollars by Virgin Records
Band 30 Seconds to Mars have been sued by their label Virgin Records and parent company Capitol Music Group for a contract violation. The company sent the lawsuit to Los Angeles County Superior court this Friday, August 15, claiming for a legal fine with a total number of $30 millions.
The legal document says that the band have refused to continue the agreement that both parties have signed in 1999. According to the document, the band have promised to deliver three more albums before they end the contract with Virgin. However, since their 2005 set "A Beautiful Lie", the group have avoided doing the duty. Instead of recording the promised albums, the group band decided to split up with Virgin. They used a section from California Labor Code which states that "a contract cannot be enforced against an employee beyond seven years" as an excuse.
However, the Virgin Records insist that they have rights to claim the fine as the split have caused them financial losses. In this stage, to strengthen their lawsuit, Virgin use another line of the California Labor Code which states that, in their split case, "an employer is entitled to recover damages for breach of contract."
A publicist for the band has recently told in a press release that it is 30 Seconds to Mars that have suffered from financial damage, not the Virgin. The rep says that despite the band's massive hits from two previous albums that have successfully scored over 2 million copies sold, the Virgin haven't paid the band's earnings.
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image