30 Seconds to Mars Sued for 30 Million Dollars by Virgin Records
Band 30 Seconds to Mars have been sued by their label Virgin Records and parent company Capitol Music Group for a contract violation. The company sent the lawsuit to Los Angeles County Superior court this Friday, August 15, claiming for a legal fine with a total number of $30 millions.
The legal document says that the band have refused to continue the agreement that both parties have signed in 1999. According to the document, the band have promised to deliver three more albums before they end the contract with Virgin. However, since their 2005 set "A Beautiful Lie", the group have avoided doing the duty. Instead of recording the promised albums, the group band decided to split up with Virgin. They used a section from California Labor Code which states that "a contract cannot be enforced against an employee beyond seven years" as an excuse.
However, the Virgin Records insist that they have rights to claim the fine as the split have caused them financial losses. In this stage, to strengthen their lawsuit, Virgin use another line of the California Labor Code which states that, in their split case, "an employer is entitled to recover damages for breach of contract."
A publicist for the band has recently told in a press release that it is 30 Seconds to Mars that have suffered from financial damage, not the Virgin. The rep says that despite the band's massive hits from two previous albums that have successfully scored over 2 million copies sold, the Virgin haven't paid the band's earnings.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3