Video of the Year Nominees of 2008 MTV Video Music Awards
Apparently Britney Spears' pop career did not die with her disastrous performance at MTV Video Music Awards last year. The awards event, instead, gives her another nomination, the third one for this year's competition. The pop singer has just earned the chance to win the coveted Video of the Year after voted by fans from twenty plus videos to enter the top 5.
For the new nomination, Britney owes it to the music video of her second "Blackout" single, "Piece of Me" that also delivers her another two nods for Best Pop Video and Best Female Video. Four other contenders for the Video of the Year category are filled by The Pussycat Dolls' "When I Grow Up", The Ting Tings' "Shut Up and Let Me Go", Jonas Brothers' "Burnin' Up" and Chris Brown's "Forever".
Also revealed on Friday, August 15 via FNMTV are the nominees of Best Rock Video category. Paramore earn one for "CrushCrushCrush", battling the category with Slipknot's "Psychosocial", Linkin Park's "Shadow of the Day", Foo Fighters' "The Pretender", and Fall Out Boy's "Beat It".
The 2008 Video Music Awards will be held on September 7 and broadcast live from Hollywood Paramount Studio. Serving as the host this year is British comedian Russell Brand who has shot a promotional video for the event with Britney last week. Words are still circulating that Britney will actually attend the show, be it only as a guest or a performer.
The full nominees of the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards can be seen on MTV.com.
More Britney Spears News
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'