Lil Jon Changes Upcoming LP's Title to Get Rid of 'Crunk'
Rapper Lil Jon has decided to explore his music sound in upcoming solo debut album. The hip hop star plans to change its old title "Crunk Rock" as a reflection of his new music direction. "It's totally given me a new energy, a new everything," he says of his upcoming release. "When you have a lot of stress and negativity around you, when you cut that away, you cleanse...I'm starting over, basically."
Lil Jon's statement has then made some say that he is on the way of expressing freedom from a multi-million-dollars obligation. As previously reported, he has successfully entered an agreement with digital entertainment company The Orchard and sold assets of his bankrupt TVT Records to them.
However, the rapper denies the rumor. He says that he just wants a broader appeal that can touch more different characters of people in the world. "I'm touching so many different kinds of people on this album as well as keeping my core fan base at the same time," he explains.
Furthermore, he is also reportedly looking to blend different musical styles in his rap sound by working with Caribbean musicians and rock stars. "I want people to say it's breath of fresh air from everything that's out there," he says. "It's still going to be me and what they know me for, but it's still going to be newer."
Unfortunately, Lil Jon is still in the effort of searching for a new label to release his upcoming LP. He says, "With my fan base being broader and larger now, I'm looking to somewhere where somebody can really take advantage of that and take it to the next level."
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date