Lil Jon Changes Upcoming LP's Title to Get Rid of 'Crunk'
Rapper Lil Jon has decided to explore his music sound in upcoming solo debut album. The hip hop star plans to change its old title "Crunk Rock" as a reflection of his new music direction. "It's totally given me a new energy, a new everything," he says of his upcoming release. "When you have a lot of stress and negativity around you, when you cut that away, you cleanse...I'm starting over, basically."
Lil Jon's statement has then made some say that he is on the way of expressing freedom from a multi-million-dollars obligation. As previously reported, he has successfully entered an agreement with digital entertainment company The Orchard and sold assets of his bankrupt TVT Records to them.
However, the rapper denies the rumor. He says that he just wants a broader appeal that can touch more different characters of people in the world. "I'm touching so many different kinds of people on this album as well as keeping my core fan base at the same time," he explains.
Furthermore, he is also reportedly looking to blend different musical styles in his rap sound by working with Caribbean musicians and rock stars. "I want people to say it's breath of fresh air from everything that's out there," he says. "It's still going to be me and what they know me for, but it's still going to be newer."
Unfortunately, Lil Jon is still in the effort of searching for a new label to release his upcoming LP. He says, "With my fan base being broader and larger now, I'm looking to somewhere where somebody can really take advantage of that and take it to the next level."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert