Madonna Denies Canceling World Tour
Madonna has slammed down rumor, claiming that she would either cancel her birthday bash or reschedule her world tour due to an ankle injury. Her rep Liz Rosenberg says, "We haven't canceled any shows, it's a full go starting on (Aug) 23."
A hint also comes out, suggesting that Madonna's ankle injury is not as bad as some reports have said in the media. According to Liz, the star is now still busy with her Sticky and Sweet tour preparation. "She's still rehearsing," says the publicist in a press release. To emphasize the denial, Liz gives another statement, saying, "There are several totally untrue rumors currently floating around about Madonna. One is that she is canceling shows, canceling a birthday party, that she's adopting a second child from Malawi and that she hurt her ankle. None of these are true."
Madonna's 50th birthday party will be reportedly held this weekend at her country estate in Wiltshire England. Some close friends from Hollywood such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Trudie Styler, and shoes designer Stella McCartney are among the invited guests.
Meanwhile, for her world tour, Madonna is set to start it in Cardiff Wales on August, 23. As previously reported, to support her performance in the tour, she has chosen one of Givenchy's designers Riccardo Tisci to provide her with best outfits. "I feel incredibly fortunate to have been given the opportunity to offer the world of Givenchy Haute Couture to Madonna the Icon, the Artist, the Woman for whom I have so much respect and admiration," Riccardo says about the offer.
Madonna has just got a clothing line from Prada fashion house, Miu Miu, and her friend Stella to design shoes for her imminent tour. Furthermore, fashion group Mochino, who designed outfits for Kylie Minogue's 2005 Showgirl-The Greatest Hits Tour, is asked to design her accessories.
More Madonna News
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'