'Kung Fu Panda' Sequel Eyed by DreamWorks
Grossing $60.2 million on its opening weekend, "Kung Fu Panda" has become DreamWorks Animation's biggest opening for a non-sequel film and the third-largest opening weekend overall for a DreamWorks animated film. With that in mind and the follow-up story being developed, it is no wonder that DreamWorks won't miss a chance on getting the right for its sequel.
Speaking to the press at a portions screening of "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa", Jeffrey Katzenberg, the Chief Executive of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc., revealed that the studio have been in negotiation for "Kung Fu Panda 2". To Reuters in particular, he said, "We've started conversations about it, and I think in the next 30 or 60 days, we'll be able to talk completely about that."
Set in ancient China where a town is populated by talking animals, "Panda" centers its story on Po, a clumsy and fat panda who admires the kung fu warriors from the distance dreaming one day he would be one of them. On an eventful day by sheer coincidence, he has been hand-picked by a kung fu master as the only one who can save his village from powerful enemy. Belittled by others, Po now has to prove that he has what it takes to be the "Chosen One".
The animated comedy movie is directed by John Stevenson and Mark Osborne and scripted by Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab. It features the voices of Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, Dustin Hoffman, Seth Rogen and many others.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!