'Kung Fu Panda' Sequel Eyed by DreamWorks
Grossing $60.2 million on its opening weekend, "Kung Fu Panda" has become DreamWorks Animation's biggest opening for a non-sequel film and the third-largest opening weekend overall for a DreamWorks animated film. With that in mind and the follow-up story being developed, it is no wonder that DreamWorks won't miss a chance on getting the right for its sequel.
Speaking to the press at a portions screening of "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa", Jeffrey Katzenberg, the Chief Executive of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc., revealed that the studio have been in negotiation for "Kung Fu Panda 2". To Reuters in particular, he said, "We've started conversations about it, and I think in the next 30 or 60 days, we'll be able to talk completely about that."
Set in ancient China where a town is populated by talking animals, "Panda" centers its story on Po, a clumsy and fat panda who admires the kung fu warriors from the distance dreaming one day he would be one of them. On an eventful day by sheer coincidence, he has been hand-picked by a kung fu master as the only one who can save his village from powerful enemy. Belittled by others, Po now has to prove that he has what it takes to be the "Chosen One".
The animated comedy movie is directed by John Stevenson and Mark Osborne and scripted by Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab. It features the voices of Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, Dustin Hoffman, Seth Rogen and many others.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!