Tom Cruise's Controversial 'Valkyrie' Becoming a Christmas Movie
Having been postponed again and again previously, "Valkyrie" finally offers one good news to those who have been waiting to see this controversial movie. On Wednesday, August 13, Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures have announced that they will release the Tom Cruise-starring drama thriller a day after Christmas Day on December 26.
Earlier, "Valkyrie" has undergone several changes on its release date. It was originally slated for August 8 which then pushed forward to June 27. However, to avoid competition with Pixar's "Wall-E" and Universal Pictures' "Wanted (2008)", it was delayed to October 3. The last alteration done to the schedule was done in April. At the time, the Bryan Singer-directed film was pushed back to February 13, 2009.
With the new schedule, the World War II movie about the plot to assassinate Nazi leader Adolf Hitler is lining up along with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet-starrer "Revolutionary Road", Focus Features' animation "9" and Picturehouse Entertainment's suspense "Amusement". On the choosing of the date, President of MGM Distribution Clark Woods stated, "We saw and tested the movie and we believe a strong movie deserves a strong playdate."
Based on the true story of a German World War II colonel and Catholic aristocrat Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg, "Valkyrie" chronicles the daring and ingenious plot to kill Hitler as well as tells the story of the people behind it. Teaming "Superman Returns" director Singer with Academy Award-winning screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie, the film sees a star-studded cast of Cruise, Kenneth Branagh, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, Carice van Houten, Thomas Kretschmann and Terence Stamp.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March