'The Challenge', Another Legal Thriller on George Clooney's Sleeves
Following the success of the 2007 legal thriller "Michael Clayton" from which he has been nominated for both Golden Globe and Oscar, George Clooney is going to tackle another legal thriller project. Recently, the acclaimed actor has picked up the rights to Jonathan Mahler's book, "The Challenge" for his Smoke House production company.
Allegedly paying a seven figure sum for the screen rights, many believe that this project may be Clooney's vehicle to direct, write and star. Still, his spokesman noted that the 47-year-old actor has yet to make any decision on his role on the project. Nevertheless, some suggested that he seems to fit for the role of the idealistic U.S. Navy lawyer Charles Swift.
The feature film project will resolve around the long campaign conducted by U.S. Navy lawyer Charles Swift and Georgetown law professor Neal Katyal to give Salim Hamdan, the bodyguard and driver of Al Qaeda terrorist network leader Osama bin Laden, a fair trial. In the reality, Hamdan ends up being sentenced to 66 months behind bars counting also the time he already serves and Swift loses his job and marriage. Yet, it is unknown what direction the movie's plot will take on.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service