'The Challenge', Another Legal Thriller on George Clooney's Sleeves
Following the success of the 2007 legal thriller "Michael Clayton" from which he has been nominated for both Golden Globe and Oscar, George Clooney is going to tackle another legal thriller project. Recently, the acclaimed actor has picked up the rights to Jonathan Mahler's book, "The Challenge" for his Smoke House production company.
Allegedly paying a seven figure sum for the screen rights, many believe that this project may be Clooney's vehicle to direct, write and star. Still, his spokesman noted that the 47-year-old actor has yet to make any decision on his role on the project. Nevertheless, some suggested that he seems to fit for the role of the idealistic U.S. Navy lawyer Charles Swift.
The feature film project will resolve around the long campaign conducted by U.S. Navy lawyer Charles Swift and Georgetown law professor Neal Katyal to give Salim Hamdan, the bodyguard and driver of Al Qaeda terrorist network leader Osama bin Laden, a fair trial. In the reality, Hamdan ends up being sentenced to 66 months behind bars counting also the time he already serves and Swift loses his job and marriage. Yet, it is unknown what direction the movie's plot will take on.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert