Givenchy to Dress Madonna for Upcoming Tour
Famous French fashion house Givenchy has confirmed that its head designer Ricardo Tisci will design Madonna's wardrobe for her upcoming Sticky & Sweet world tour. Givenchy's spokesperson Caroline Deroche-Pasquier says that the house have made at least two special outfits for the singer.
According to a source, Madonna will wear one of the Givenchy designs, a coat in black stretch satin with a dark and Gothic influence, in her opening show. Meanwhile, the second dress, a Gypsy-inspired long dress worn over a black dress with colored ribbons, will be donned during her third act in the concert.
The deal is said to be mutual as Madonna will, in return, make promotional rounds for Givenchy that has been started early last Spring. It's still unclear if other fashion houses will also be lined up for Madonna's outfitting design. Though, some have said that some fashion houses like Yves Saint Laurent and Stella McCartney are among the names to support the wardrobe of her additional tours.
Madonna has a long history of working with French designers. In 1990 she was partnering with a French designer Jean-Paul Gaultier for Blonde Ambition tour outfits. She also asked Dolce & Gabbana to provide her with their best dresses for her 1993 Girlie show.
Elsewhere, the star reportedly has recently injured her ankle during her tour rehearsal. One of her feet is reported to be heavily bandaged, prompting fears that the 49-year-old singer may not be fully fit for the first date of the tour.
The Sticky & Sweet world tour will start to kick off in Cardiff on August 23. The tour will cover Europe and North America and wrap up in Mexico City on November 30. A complete detail for Madonna's tour can be seen on her MySpace page
More Madonna News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular