Vanessa Hudgens Sued for 5 Million Dollars by Music Producer
A music producer Johnny Vieira has filed a legal action against Vanessa Hudgens in Los Angeles Superior Court early this week. The lawsuit says that in May 2005 when she was still a minor, Vanessa has signed an agreement with Johnny who is described in the lawsuit as a songwriter and music producer who was "engaged in the business of discovering and developing artists in the music industry".
They have agreed to work together in order to launch Vanessa's career and share a 50-50 profit from her earnings. However, Johnny reveals through the document that the nineteen-year-old performer hasn't paid him for his work. According to a source, instead of paying Johnny, Vanessa signed a photo with words attached on it, saying, "Johnny-thank you for everything. Without you, I would be nowhere. We will make it BIG."
Because of the alleged contract violation, Johnny claims that he has suffered from such huge financial losses. Therefore, he asks Vanessa to pay at least $5 millions for the damage.
Beside Vanessa, her record label, Walt Disney Corporation which is owned by Hollywood Records, also becomes the subject in the lawsuit. Through the court document, Johnny says that he was dumped from Vanessa's management team soon after she was cast in Disney's TV movie sensation "High School Musical".
Furthermore, Vanessa's father Greg Hudgens is also subjected in the lawsuit for alleged defamation of character. According to the court document, Johnny accuses Greg for spreading a false story via email, saying that Johnny is a predator who traps unsuspecting talents to his ways.
This law case is not the first case for Vanessa. Last year, she was sued by a lawyer who claimed that she owed him $150,000. According to a source, the lawsuit was settled in January, about a month after a judge ruled that case could go to trial.
Relating to Johnny's sue, Vanessa hasn't given any confirmation yet. Her rep refuses to accept any phone call asking for information. Disney also has no statement.
More Vanessa Hudgens News
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia