Orlando Bloom to Move On From 'Caribbean' to 'Sarajevo'
Having gained his superstardom through the blockbuster fantasy films like "Lord of the Rings" and "Pirates of the Caribbean", Orlando Bloom is ready to break away from those typecasting and fall into a more serious and closer to reality role. On Tuesday, August 12, this English actor revealed that he is going to work on a yet untitled project about Sarajevo, "Untitled Sarajevo Project".
Said to be co-producing the movie chronicling the life in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo during the 1992-1995 siege, he would also star in it. Nonetheless, what character he will be tackling has yet to be shared. Still, on his part, he explained, "I'm not in fact playing Bill in this movie but I read the script and the very human story at the very core of this film spoke to me very clearly."
Speaking to the press after the film's crew met with the Sarajevo Mayor, who promised financial and other support for the film, Bloom expressed his hopes on filming in the city. "A film is a very specific and personal account of Bill Carter's experience in Sarajevo during the war and we would very much like to make the film here," he said adding further that they have planned to start shooting in Sarajevo at the end of 2008.
Based on Bill Carter's book 'Fools Rush In', 'Sarajevo' is most likely to tell the story of Carter who lived in the besieged city as an aid worker. It will showcase the difficulties and joys he shared with local people during the 43-month-long shelling of the city while dealing with the constant bombardment by Bosnian Serb force. It will be directed by Brazilian director Andrucha Waddington and produced by Elliot Lewitt.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner