Captain Kirk to Have Evil Stepfather in 'Star Trek'
Behind his amazing leadership on the USS Enterprise, it looks like the ever-so-famous Captain James T. Kirk holds back a dark history. And from an interview with Dominic Keating at the Creation Official Star Trek convention in Las Vegas, it is revealed that Kirk's dark past possibly is going to be exposed in the J.J. Abrams' forthcoming "Star Trek".
Giving a further explanation about his previous "Star Trek" audition report, the depicter of Lieutenant Malcolm Reed on television series "Star Trek: Enterprise" revealed who he is eyeing to be. "I was gonna play, had I gotten it, what was it? I was going to play the evil stepfather to James Kirk, yeah it was his stepfather," so claimed the 46-year-old. "They were very very very cagey about the script so I literally got three speeches to go in with."
This new development on Keating's possible role posted a contrast to his previous' remark in an interview with Star Trek Magazine. Back in April, he said, "It was to play Jim Kirk's uncle in the Midwest, where Jim grows up, before deciding to be a spaceman. I only got to read one scene, so maybe it was just that scene..."
The eleventh feature film of the famed sci-fi movie, "Star Trek" features the likes of Eric Bana, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine, Karl Urban, Leonard Nimoy, Simon Pegg and many else. It will resolve around Kirk and his fellow USS Enterprise crew members during their years at Starfleet Academy. Scripted by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, it will be released in theaters on May 8, 2009.
More Star Trek News
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up