Taylor Swift Makes 100,000 Dollars Donation to the Red Cross in Iowa
Young and famous, Taylor Swift has no doubt in showing her charitable side. The country music recording artist has announced that she's donating $100,000 to the Cedar Rapids, Iowa branch of the Red Cross for flood relief.
The 18-year-old girl made an announcement on her donation while she was on stage at her concert in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on Friday, August 8. She, according to a source close to her, initially planned to cancel the concert "thinking few people could attend." She nevertheless decided to "carry on" after the mayor of Cedar Rapids asked her to go on with the gig.
Feeling obliged to help the locals after seeing first hand the extent of the natural disaster happened in June, when the Cedar River burst its banks, causing millions of dollars-worth of damage, Swift announced during a break in her song "Change" that she's donating $100,000 to the local Red Cross. The announcement seemed just perfect with the song she's singing which is about how you pick yourself up and start over when things happen beyond your control.
Speaking of the donation she made, Swift said "The people in this town have been through so much loss this year, and my heart goes out to them. They've stood by me, they gave me a sold-out show. You've got to pay it forward in life - that's all I did in Cedar Rapids."
Making donation, in fact, isn't something new for Swift. She has previously donated her merchandise sales from the CMA Music Festival to the Nashville Red Cross. In January, she also donated a brand-new pink pickup truck which her record label gave her as her 18th-birthday gift, to a youth camp for children with serious medical conditions.
Aside from her generosity, Swift is prepping for the release of her new album titled "Fearless" which is expected to hit the stores November 11 later this year.
More Taylor Swift News
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016