Jay-Z Talks Keeping Mum About Marriage to Beyonce Knowles
It's been months since reports on him marrying longtime girlfriend Beyonce Knowles first leaked in April. And Jay-Z has, in a recent interview with Vibe magazine, spoken for the first time about why he and the songbird choose not to talk publicly about their marriage.
Talking about his silence about their marriage to interviewer Elliot Wilson for the September issue of the magazine, the hip-hop star claims it is important for him and Beyonce to keep certain issues of their lives away from the media and public. He says, "That's ridiculous for me to confirm. I don't have ... I'm gonna say, I think that was a ridiculous question. I just think it's really a part of your life that you gotta keep to yourself."
He continues telling Vibe, "You have to, or you'll go insane in this type of business. You have to have something that's sacred to you and the people around you. I shared so much of my life, my childhood, and my family, the death of my nephew with the world. I should have something to hold on to. You need something for your sanity ... to say, Okay, I could chill out, and this is it."
Jay-Z and Beyonce reportedly wed on April 4 in a "very special, very private, very intimate rooftop ceremony" at his New York apartment. Neither him nor his bride has ever actually confirmed the wedding did occur.
Aside from his love life, Jay-Z currently is working on his eleventh album, titled "The Blueprint 3." He has on Wednesday, August 6 during an appearance at Kanye West's Madison Square Garden concert performed a new song, "Jockin' Jay-Z", which is speculated to be one of the tracks from the upcoming LP. No release date has been set for it.
More Jay-Z News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones