Former 'American Idol' Star Clay Aiken Welcomes Baby Boy
From a former "American Idol" runner-up to a father, that's Clay Aiken. The 29-year-old singer becomes a father for the first time as his first child was born Friday, August 8.
Sharing the good news with fans, Aiken wrote a post on his site announcing the birth of a baby boy, who's named Parker Foster Aiken. He, as stated on the post, "was born at a hospital in North Carolina" at 8:08 A.M. Friday. He weighed in at 6 lbs 2 oz and measured 19 inches.
"Wow... 8:08 ..08/08/08" Aiken stated. He continued writing, "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy. Mama Jaymes is doing quite well also. The Aiken family, the Foster family, and the Parker family are all thrilled."
Aiken's mother was the first to announce the infant's arrival Friday morning, phoning in to Raleigh radio station WRAL. She said the newborn has dark hair and Aiken was "smiling from ear to ear" upon seeing him.
About the baby boy's name Aiken simply wrote, "No hyphens. One first name. One middle name. One last name." Parker, according to reports, is the surname of Aiken's late stepfather, whom he has frequently credited with helping to raise him.
Aiken, a runner-up on the second season of "American Idol" in 2003, set tongues wagging when he was reported in late May to have artificially inseminated record producer Jaymes Foster, his friend and record producer who has produced several of his CDs. Neither of them shared details of that matter to public.
Jaymes' brother, record mogul David Foster elsewhere confirmed through his representative that the story on his sister's pregnancy was true. "It is true Clay is the father. She was artificially inseminated by Clay. She's due in August," the representative stated.
Aiken's post on his son's birth can be read on his site.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed