Wolfmother Officially Split, to Continue With New Members
Wolfmother have finally released a statement that they are splitting up after being previously reported to have a serious dispute for a long time. Bass/keyboard player Chris Ross and drummer Myles Heskett have decided to leave the band, leaving just singer/guitarist Andrew Stockdale. A statement issued by their label Modular said, "Please understand that in spite of their best efforts over a long period of time, they just could not find a harmonious way to work together."
According to a source, the break-up happens because of musical differences that they have failed to manage. This then results on emerging an apparent clash of egos and differing visions in the band. In an interview, the source said, "Apparently there were some ego problems between Andrew Stockdale, the singer, and the other two guys, as often happens when a band reaches international success."
The band won Grammy Awards in hard rock category last year. They became the first Australian band to pick up the music industry's top honors since 1983, which was received by Men at Work through their "Cargo" album.
Despite his friends' resignation, Andrew insists that he will continue the band with new members. According to a source, he is now trying to find other musicians before going with a new album. Meanwhile, Ross and Myles have been reported to form a new band. The rumor has swirled following another issue saying that they have teamed up in a new project of working on some new songs.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius