Wolfmother Officially Split, to Continue With New Members
Wolfmother have finally released a statement that they are splitting up after being previously reported to have a serious dispute for a long time. Bass/keyboard player Chris Ross and drummer Myles Heskett have decided to leave the band, leaving just singer/guitarist Andrew Stockdale. A statement issued by their label Modular said, "Please understand that in spite of their best efforts over a long period of time, they just could not find a harmonious way to work together."
According to a source, the break-up happens because of musical differences that they have failed to manage. This then results on emerging an apparent clash of egos and differing visions in the band. In an interview, the source said, "Apparently there were some ego problems between Andrew Stockdale, the singer, and the other two guys, as often happens when a band reaches international success."
The band won Grammy Awards in hard rock category last year. They became the first Australian band to pick up the music industry's top honors since 1983, which was received by Men at Work through their "Cargo" album.
Despite his friends' resignation, Andrew insists that he will continue the band with new members. According to a source, he is now trying to find other musicians before going with a new album. Meanwhile, Ross and Myles have been reported to form a new band. The rumor has swirled following another issue saying that they have teamed up in a new project of working on some new songs.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle