'Afro Samurai' Planned to Get Live-Action Treatment, Andre 3000 May Topline
With its anime series generating great responses from fans, it looks like that it is time to give "Afro Samurai" a big screen treatment. And, apparently that is what Samuel L. Jackson, the actor who voiced the titular character in the series, has in mind about the Takashi Okazaki's manga adaptation.
Revealing the plan on developing the series into a live-action one, the 59-year-old who also serves up to be the series' executive producer confessed that the making of the movie has been thought of. "We have a live-action plan," he gushed. "Hopefully, that script will come together and we'll be able to do that in the next two years or so."
Meanwhile, on the chance of him portraying the lead character in the film, Jackson confessed that he would rather see younger actor to take the role. "No, I'm not; I won't be doing that," he put off the casting idea. "I'll be the dead father. I'll show up in some spiritual scenes, and give him some guidance. We'll find some young guy that is capable of doing all those things and make it really cool."
Suggesting another actor he thinks fit for the role, he mentioned the name of OutKast's member, Andre Benjamin a.k.a. Andre 3000. "You know, when I look at him, I see Andre 3000," the Oscar-nominated actor let out. "So, maybe so."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie