'Indiana Jones 5' Won't Resolve Around Mutt
Before "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" stormed the theaters on May 22, the creator of the iconic archeology professor, George Lucas, seemed to be confident with the idea of centering the next "Indiana Jones" movie on Mutt Williams' character. However, months following the film's release, he offers a conflicting concept for "Indiana Jones V".
Contrary to his previous words, the man behind the famous "Star Wars" saga now stated that the next "Indiana Jones" will still see the whip-cracking adventurer as the lead character. To MTV News at the press day for "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", the 64-year-old stressed, "Indiana Jones is Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones."
On the possibility of Shia LaBeouf's character headlining the fifth movie, Lucas proposed that if there will be a movie about the son of Jones, it will be a different one. "If it was Mutt Williams it would be 'Mutt Williams and the Search for Elvis' or something."
Talking further about "Indy 5", he confessed that he and his team are still researching for the possible storyline. "We ARE looking for something for him to go after. They are very hard to find," so he claimed. "It's like archeology. It takes a huge amount of research to come up with something that will fit."
In "the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", Indy falls in another adventure when he is asked by Mutt to solve a letter sent by his mother and Indy's former lover, Marion Ravenwood. It turns out that the encoded message leads them to the finding of the Crystal Skull of Akator which is also being searched by Russian agents. Since its debut, the flick has collected $744.4 million worldwide.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance