'Dark Knight' Officially Broke the 400 Million Dollars Record
If "Shrek 2" needed 43 days to set a record of fastest selling movie to reach the $400 million milestone, "The Dark Knight" requires less than half the time the DreamWorks' animation movie took to break the record. Having been screened in theaters nationwide since July 18, the Christopher Nolan-directed flick finally reaches the $400.04 million number after 18 days of viewing.
The $400 million tally is the accumulation of the $393.75 million the movie have garnered up to Sunday, August 3 with the additional of $6.28 million it pulled in on Monday, August 4. With the new cume, "Dark Knight" lands at the eighth place of the all-time high-grossing film list. Still, it could climb up to the seventh place on Tuesday passing "Spider-Man" final number of $403 million. In fact, many box office analysts believe that it could go up the ladder up to the second slot overtaking the original "Star Wars" which raked in $461 million.
Despite its impressive run at the box office and its record-breaking reputations, many doubt that "Dark Knight" could dethrone "Titanic" from its title of the highest grossing film of all time. Observing the slowing down of the ticket sales, the action film starring Christian Bale, Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart is predicted to only gross about $500 million domestically, $100 million less than "Titanic" $601 million record.
In overseas sales, it has been reported that the sequel to "Batman Begins" has been pushed to the second place this weekend by "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor". It took in another $22.4 million to add to the total of $202.5 million internationally. It means that "Dark Knight" has dug up $602.5 million from moviegoers around the world.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo