Kevin Costner Opens Door for 'Bodyguard' Sequel
Having played many memorable characters in various movies from Eliot Ness in "The Untouchables" to Billy Chapel in "For Love of the Game", Kevin Costner never once starred in a sequel to his movies. Nevertheless, it seems that the fact won't last any longer, especially with the buzz on "The Bodyguard" sequel hypening up.
In the latest news related to the actor and his 1992 hit action drama movie, it is reported that the 53-year-old has expressed his interest on reprising his Frank Farmer role in the sequel. Though nothing about the sequel is certain yet, he admitted that he has idea for the story if the studio bosses are up for the project.
To the New York Daily News, Costner said, "Bodyguard could have had one (a sequel)." Sharing his idea further, he denied that Rachel Marron portrayed by Whitney Houston and Frank will be reuniting for the sequel. "No (Marron and Farmer wouldn't reunite)," added Costner, "I think he was true to his word; he didn't want to guard celebrities anymore."
Grossing as much as $410.9 million to date, "The Bodyguard" tells the story of a former Secret Service agent who is hired by music superstar to protect her from a fan who stalks and threatens to kill her. Though garnering considerably mixed reviews, the movie directed by Mick Jackson and written by Lawrence Kasdan sent Houston's song "I Will Always Love You" to be the most successful cover tune ever.
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'