Kevin Costner Opens Door for 'Bodyguard' Sequel
Having played many memorable characters in various movies from Eliot Ness in "The Untouchables" to Billy Chapel in "For Love of the Game", Kevin Costner never once starred in a sequel to his movies. Nevertheless, it seems that the fact won't last any longer, especially with the buzz on "The Bodyguard" sequel hypening up.
In the latest news related to the actor and his 1992 hit action drama movie, it is reported that the 53-year-old has expressed his interest on reprising his Frank Farmer role in the sequel. Though nothing about the sequel is certain yet, he admitted that he has idea for the story if the studio bosses are up for the project.
To the New York Daily News, Costner said, "Bodyguard could have had one (a sequel)." Sharing his idea further, he denied that Rachel Marron portrayed by Whitney Houston and Frank will be reuniting for the sequel. "No (Marron and Farmer wouldn't reunite)," added Costner, "I think he was true to his word; he didn't want to guard celebrities anymore."
Grossing as much as $410.9 million to date, "The Bodyguard" tells the story of a former Secret Service agent who is hired by music superstar to protect her from a fan who stalks and threatens to kill her. Though garnering considerably mixed reviews, the movie directed by Mick Jackson and written by Lawrence Kasdan sent Houston's song "I Will Always Love You" to be the most successful cover tune ever.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding