Kevin Costner Opens Door for 'Bodyguard' Sequel
Having played many memorable characters in various movies from Eliot Ness in "The Untouchables" to Billy Chapel in "For Love of the Game", Kevin Costner never once starred in a sequel to his movies. Nevertheless, it seems that the fact won't last any longer, especially with the buzz on "The Bodyguard" sequel hypening up.
In the latest news related to the actor and his 1992 hit action drama movie, it is reported that the 53-year-old has expressed his interest on reprising his Frank Farmer role in the sequel. Though nothing about the sequel is certain yet, he admitted that he has idea for the story if the studio bosses are up for the project.
To the New York Daily News, Costner said, "Bodyguard could have had one (a sequel)." Sharing his idea further, he denied that Rachel Marron portrayed by Whitney Houston and Frank will be reuniting for the sequel. "No (Marron and Farmer wouldn't reunite)," added Costner, "I think he was true to his word; he didn't want to guard celebrities anymore."
Grossing as much as $410.9 million to date, "The Bodyguard" tells the story of a former Secret Service agent who is hired by music superstar to protect her from a fan who stalks and threatens to kill her. Though garnering considerably mixed reviews, the movie directed by Mick Jackson and written by Lawrence Kasdan sent Houston's song "I Will Always Love You" to be the most successful cover tune ever.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'