Video: Eva Mendes' Nip Slip in CK Perfume Ad Causes Stir
Adding the long list of celebs who get caught in steamy pictures scandals, Eva Mendes is the latest victim. Having been recruited as the new face of Calvin Klein fragrance brings more trouble for the actress as the ad she does to promote its latest scent, Secret Obsession, from Coty Inc. has been banned from U.S. broadcast networks.
The controversial ad apparently features nude Mendes exposing a little too much flesh for the U.S. censors. She's shown in the 30-second TV spot for Secret Obsession caressing herself, rolling around in a rumpled bed and flashing a nipple.
"Between love and madness lies obsession," Mendes whispers huskily in the commercial. "Love ... madness. It's my secret."
Directed by celebrated photographer Steven Meisel, the clip has provoked controversy even before it is aired, with some U.S. broadcast networks are refusing to air the commercial as well as its censored version.
Speaking about that matter, Tom Murry, president and chief operating officer of Calvin Klein, commented to WWD, "This development is not entirely a surprise for the U.S. market. We believe the commercial is exceptional and hits the mark for Secret Obsession. We will reach our consumers in the U.S. primarily through the website, the print campaign and at point of sale. We are anticipating a very successful global launch."
An actress who has starred in a number of big screen projects, Mendes is no stranger to appearing sexy either on screen or off screen. She has stripped down for PETA ad and Italian Vogue spread among others. She was last photographed nearly naked for the ad campaign of Calvin Klein underwear.
Below is the video of Mendes' ad for CK's Secret Obsession.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group