Gunshots Rang Out at Jermaine Dupri's So So Def Summerfest Weekend
Jermaine Dupri's annual So So Def Summerfest Weekend held Friday night, August 1 at an Atlanta nightclub was interrupted by a gunfire which turned its many attendees into fright. Sponsoring the festive, the music mogul said he's saddened by the incident yet feeling happy at the same time as none of his entourage got hurt.
Being held at Club Dreams at 3595 Clairmont Road, Dupri's third annual So So Def Summerfest Weekend was attended by a number of music figures, like Usher, Nelly, Regina King, Gabrielle Union, Larenz Tate, and P. Diddy among others. There were reportedly 3,000 other people attending the Friday night fun. It was sad to say though that the festivities turned ugly at around 3:30 A.M. Saturday, August 2 when gunshots rang out.
DeKalb County police spokesman Marcus Hodge said the gunfire erupted after some guests were allegedly double-charged by security guards to enter the VIP section. Some rowdy guests were escorted outside the club where a male patron pulled out a gun and started firing away. A security guard works for the club was shot in the arm. He was treated at a hospital and released, Hodge said.
Police emptied the venue but no arrests have been made as they are still investigating the case. None of the many celebrities who were in attendance was hurt.
Speaking about the shooting, Dupri issued a statement to People, saying "I'm sad this incident happened because it interrupted a beautiful and loving party. But I'm happy none of my people or friends got hurt. And the party continues."
A representative for So So Def Summerfest Weekend issued no comment about the shooting, simply calling it "an isolated incident."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce