'Iron Man' Sequel Minus Hulk
Setting the record straight about his future "Iron Man 2" project, acclaimed actor Robert Downey Jr. addressed earlier rumor circulating around the possible cameo of one particular superhero in the movie. Specifically, the "Zodiac" star slammed speculation that Hulk may make special appearance in the sequel.
Talking to journalists during "Tropic Thunder" press junket on August 3, the 43-year-old simply stated "no" to a journalist's question whether Hulk will be included, without offering any explanation on why the green raging beast won't appear in the story. When being dug up further on other cameos' possibility, the Academy Award-nominated actor noted that he cannot comment on it stating, "I can neither confirm nor deny that. Honestly, nothing's set in stone right now".
Although he has revealed that he have no idea about the special appearances of other superheroes in "Iron Man 2", Downey Jr. stressed that the filmmakers won't risk shifting the focus of the film from the metal-suited hero. "Ya, it's a big world. It's kind of hard to navigate because you want to be able to set up The Avengers in Iron Man 2, but you don't want to um...[Take the focus off of Iron Man] Ever," so he claimed.
"It's such a big leap, before we were grounded in reality and now we're starting to go into the Marvel Universe. I don't know much about this, I just know that we go scene to scene to scene, and we have some great scenes which I think will be really surprising at how we took all of this goodwill and this success and we decided to do something ever more kind of risky and something that represents the way Jon thinks and the way I like to develop a character. So, it's going to be good."
To be directed once again by Jon Favreau, the sequel to blockbuster action film "Iron Man" is slated for April 30, 2010. The screenplay is said to be written by "Tropic Thunder" co-writer Justin Theroux, while the production is scheduled to be kicked off in early 2009.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie