Bernie Mac Hospitalized with Pneumonia, Responding Well to Treatment
On the heels of many reports surrounding Hollywood celebs, bad news comes from Bernie Mac. The actor-comedian is hospitalized with pneumonia.
A publicist for him, Danica Smith, confirmed Friday, August 1 "Mr. Mac is responding well to treatment and will be released soon. He asked that his privacy and that of his family is respected while he gets well." In further confirmation, Smith also stated that the pneumonia has nothing to do with the sarcoidosis, an autoimmune disorder, the 49-year-old comic actor was diagnosed with more than 20 years ago.
Mac's sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease, has been in remission since 2005, the first time he announced he had been suffering from the disease for the previous two decades, Smith added.
Mac kicked off his acting career as a stand-up comedian. He got his breakthrough with his own sitcom "The Bernie Mac Show." He, in the meantime, is having some movie projects in the pipeline, some of them are "Soul Men" and "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa."
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'