Bernie Mac Hospitalized with Pneumonia, Responding Well to Treatment
On the heels of many reports surrounding Hollywood celebs, bad news comes from Bernie Mac. The actor-comedian is hospitalized with pneumonia.
A publicist for him, Danica Smith, confirmed Friday, August 1 "Mr. Mac is responding well to treatment and will be released soon. He asked that his privacy and that of his family is respected while he gets well." In further confirmation, Smith also stated that the pneumonia has nothing to do with the sarcoidosis, an autoimmune disorder, the 49-year-old comic actor was diagnosed with more than 20 years ago.
Mac's sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease, has been in remission since 2005, the first time he announced he had been suffering from the disease for the previous two decades, Smith added.
Mac kicked off his acting career as a stand-up comedian. He got his breakthrough with his own sitcom "The Bernie Mac Show." He, in the meantime, is having some movie projects in the pipeline, some of them are "Soul Men" and "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa."
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing