Bernie Mac Hospitalized with Pneumonia, Responding Well to Treatment
On the heels of many reports surrounding Hollywood celebs, bad news comes from Bernie Mac. The actor-comedian is hospitalized with pneumonia.
A publicist for him, Danica Smith, confirmed Friday, August 1 "Mr. Mac is responding well to treatment and will be released soon. He asked that his privacy and that of his family is respected while he gets well." In further confirmation, Smith also stated that the pneumonia has nothing to do with the sarcoidosis, an autoimmune disorder, the 49-year-old comic actor was diagnosed with more than 20 years ago.
Mac's sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease, has been in remission since 2005, the first time he announced he had been suffering from the disease for the previous two decades, Smith added.
Mac kicked off his acting career as a stand-up comedian. He got his breakthrough with his own sitcom "The Bernie Mac Show." He, in the meantime, is having some movie projects in the pipeline, some of them are "Soul Men" and "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'