Bernie Mac Hospitalized with Pneumonia, Responding Well to Treatment
On the heels of many reports surrounding Hollywood celebs, bad news comes from Bernie Mac. The actor-comedian is hospitalized with pneumonia.
A publicist for him, Danica Smith, confirmed Friday, August 1 "Mr. Mac is responding well to treatment and will be released soon. He asked that his privacy and that of his family is respected while he gets well." In further confirmation, Smith also stated that the pneumonia has nothing to do with the sarcoidosis, an autoimmune disorder, the 49-year-old comic actor was diagnosed with more than 20 years ago.
Mac's sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease, has been in remission since 2005, the first time he announced he had been suffering from the disease for the previous two decades, Smith added.
Mac kicked off his acting career as a stand-up comedian. He got his breakthrough with his own sitcom "The Bernie Mac Show." He, in the meantime, is having some movie projects in the pipeline, some of them are "Soul Men" and "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa."
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'