Bernie Mac Hospitalized with Pneumonia, Responding Well to Treatment
On the heels of many reports surrounding Hollywood celebs, bad news comes from Bernie Mac. The actor-comedian is hospitalized with pneumonia.
A publicist for him, Danica Smith, confirmed Friday, August 1 "Mr. Mac is responding well to treatment and will be released soon. He asked that his privacy and that of his family is respected while he gets well." In further confirmation, Smith also stated that the pneumonia has nothing to do with the sarcoidosis, an autoimmune disorder, the 49-year-old comic actor was diagnosed with more than 20 years ago.
Mac's sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease, has been in remission since 2005, the first time he announced he had been suffering from the disease for the previous two decades, Smith added.
Mac kicked off his acting career as a stand-up comedian. He got his breakthrough with his own sitcom "The Bernie Mac Show." He, in the meantime, is having some movie projects in the pipeline, some of them are "Soul Men" and "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa."
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper