N.E.R.D Share Stage With Rapper Friends
Alternative rap band N.E.R.D which is influenced with such various genres as hip-hop, soul music, alternative rock, and blues rock, are reported to sing with their rapper friends such as Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, and Pusha T in their new video for remixed "Everyone Nose." Commenting on the issue, lead vocalist Pharrell Williams said, "I think Pusha put the meltdown on it but I mean, I like everybody's verse because I think that Lupe killed it, Kanye killed it. Mine was more about style than how dope the rhyme was. It was really my melody that I liked more than anything-that's why my vocal approach was a little different from what you would hear me do. I wanted to just do something different that would look different on me."
Meanwhile, when asked about the concept, Pharrell said, "The concept [is based on] old '80s video-game graphics playing behind us while we're rhyming. We just want to have fun with the project. In a day and age where the record industry is what it is, I'm lucky enough to be on a label that understands and they'll just let us have fun." With four major guys united on the video, a source said that the remix is indeed a nod of nostalgia.
This is not their first collaboration because recently from April to June this year, the band had shared stage with Rihanna and Lupe as the opening act of Kanye's Glow in the Dark Tour. In addition, they had also played on Project Revolution's U.K. show at Milton Keynes Bowl on June 21 to support Linkin Park and Jay-Z's performance.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt