Keanu Reeves Attached to 'Cowboy Bebop' Movie
"Cowboy Bebop", the Japanese anime about the adventures of a band of bounty hunters, has long been rumored to be brought into a U.S. big screen, but it is not until a few weeks back that the speculation seems to be more real than ever. Now, the rumor is hypening up with words hinting on the possible casting of a particular Hollywood actor.
According to First Showing, the live-action adaptation of the animated series has "Matrix" trilogy star, Keanu Reeves, attached to portray the lead character, Spike Spiegel. In fact, the 43-year-old has been attached to the former member of the Red Dragon Crime Syndicate character for more than 8 months.
Though Reeves' name has come out, the 20th Century Fox, the studio claimed by IF Magazine to be developing the big budget live-action movie, have yet to confirm their intention of developing of the film. Furthermore, they have also yet to name any writer and director for the project. However, it is said that this big screen version is most likely to come out in 2010.
"Cowboy Bebop" is the popular Japanese anime series directed by Shinichiro Watanabe. The story is set in the year of 2071 A.D. where nation-states have collapsed and people are living throughout the solar system. The series is centered on a group of bounty hunters known as 'Cowboys' who travel together on a spaceship named 'Bebop' to capture criminals for the money rewards.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group