Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman Eyed as Batman's Next Foes
Speculations of Batman's future villains apparently have moved on from which foes to be featured in the possible follow-up of "The Dark Knight" to who are going to portray them. Following reports that Angelina Jolie has been eyeing the Catwoman role, latest report claims that Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman have also fallen into the filmmakers' list for the baddies in "Batman 3".
The two acclaimed actors allegedly have been considered to be starring as Batman's notable archnemeses, The Riddler who were depicted by Jim Carrey in "Batman Forever", and Penguin played by Danny DeVito in "Batman Returns". "(Producers) are convinced that the role of the Riddler is perfect for Depp," a source revealed the rumor to Enquirer. "Johnny's a pro. He'll be able to take direction from director Chris Nolan and still make the character his own. And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman."
Debuted in theaters across the country on July 18, "Dark Knight" has broken box office record of being the fastest grossing movie to break the $300 million mark overshadowing previous record made by "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" which needed 16-days to pass the line. So far, the "Batman Begins" sequel has raked in $333.9 million and is striving to pass the $400 million mark soon to outpace "Shrek 2" record of 43 days.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media