Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman Eyed as Batman's Next Foes
Speculations of Batman's future villains apparently have moved on from which foes to be featured in the possible follow-up of "The Dark Knight" to who are going to portray them. Following reports that Angelina Jolie has been eyeing the Catwoman role, latest report claims that Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman have also fallen into the filmmakers' list for the baddies in "Batman 3".
The two acclaimed actors allegedly have been considered to be starring as Batman's notable archnemeses, The Riddler who were depicted by Jim Carrey in "Batman Forever", and Penguin played by Danny DeVito in "Batman Returns". "(Producers) are convinced that the role of the Riddler is perfect for Depp," a source revealed the rumor to Enquirer. "Johnny's a pro. He'll be able to take direction from director Chris Nolan and still make the character his own. And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman."
Debuted in theaters across the country on July 18, "Dark Knight" has broken box office record of being the fastest grossing movie to break the $300 million mark overshadowing previous record made by "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" which needed 16-days to pass the line. So far, the "Batman Begins" sequel has raked in $333.9 million and is striving to pass the $400 million mark soon to outpace "Shrek 2" record of 43 days.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder