Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman Eyed as Batman's Next Foes
Speculations of Batman's future villains apparently have moved on from which foes to be featured in the possible follow-up of "The Dark Knight" to who are going to portray them. Following reports that Angelina Jolie has been eyeing the Catwoman role, latest report claims that Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman have also fallen into the filmmakers' list for the baddies in "Batman 3".
The two acclaimed actors allegedly have been considered to be starring as Batman's notable archnemeses, The Riddler who were depicted by Jim Carrey in "Batman Forever", and Penguin played by Danny DeVito in "Batman Returns". "(Producers) are convinced that the role of the Riddler is perfect for Depp," a source revealed the rumor to Enquirer. "Johnny's a pro. He'll be able to take direction from director Chris Nolan and still make the character his own. And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman."
Debuted in theaters across the country on July 18, "Dark Knight" has broken box office record of being the fastest grossing movie to break the $300 million mark overshadowing previous record made by "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" which needed 16-days to pass the line. So far, the "Batman Begins" sequel has raked in $333.9 million and is striving to pass the $400 million mark soon to outpace "Shrek 2" record of 43 days.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist