Angelina Jolie Linked to Catwoman Role in 'Batman 3'
Since its theatrical release on July 18, "The Dark Knight" has broken one box office record after another grossing so far as much as $333.9 million. With that massive success, it is no wonder that people start talking about a follow-up movie, "Batman 3" and while many are still speculating on the next movie and its possible villain, an intriguing news came in linking Angelina Jolie to Batman's feline foe, Catwoman.
Words around suggested that the James McAvoy's co-star in "Wanted (2008)" has been making inquiries for the villainous role. What makes it even more interesting, the rumor is sparked by one of the supervillain's depicters in television series, Julie Newmar. To the New York Daily News, the 74-year-old revealed that the partner of Brad Pitt would be perfect for the role if director Christopher Nolan decided to put up the villain in "Batman 3".
"Angelina would own the part. My industry friends tell me (she) has made inquiries about the role," stated Newmar. "I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love. She's tremendously popular with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess."
Concerning "Dark Knight", the Warner Bros. Pictures' superhero flick features the likes of Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal. It follows Batman's quest to liberate Gotham City from the organized criminals, but this time he is faced with one psychotic mastermind, Joker, who pushes him to the line between being hero or vigilante.
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories