Angelina Jolie Linked to Catwoman Role in 'Batman 3'
Since its theatrical release on July 18, "The Dark Knight" has broken one box office record after another grossing so far as much as $333.9 million. With that massive success, it is no wonder that people start talking about a follow-up movie, "Batman 3" and while many are still speculating on the next movie and its possible villain, an intriguing news came in linking Angelina Jolie to Batman's feline foe, Catwoman.
Words around suggested that the James McAvoy's co-star in "Wanted (2008)" has been making inquiries for the villainous role. What makes it even more interesting, the rumor is sparked by one of the supervillain's depicters in television series, Julie Newmar. To the New York Daily News, the 74-year-old revealed that the partner of Brad Pitt would be perfect for the role if director Christopher Nolan decided to put up the villain in "Batman 3".
"Angelina would own the part. My industry friends tell me (she) has made inquiries about the role," stated Newmar. "I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love. She's tremendously popular with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess."
Concerning "Dark Knight", the Warner Bros. Pictures' superhero flick features the likes of Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal. It follows Batman's quest to liberate Gotham City from the organized criminals, but this time he is faced with one psychotic mastermind, Joker, who pushes him to the line between being hero or vigilante.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower